Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Day of Silence.


I realized today that I rarely ever shut up. I'm not just talking about the verbal side of things, but in my actions, my mind and my physical being as well. I found myself a bit overwhelmed today in all the ways I created noise in my everyday living.

I'm always doing something, listening to something, watching something, trying to figure out something ... and I've realized that between school, work, music, netflix ( ha ), church, personal situations ..etc... I've nearly forgotten the importance of being still and silent.

This has all led me to the fact that God is often whispering to me, and my lifestyle strains me from obtaining what He is saying at times. When I'm off making noise, I can prevent myself from capturing the beauty in a nearly inaudible response. Communication with God has never been only found in the audible things I hear ... I see and come to know the soundless Wisdom of God. The things that are unuttered and not given to me in an acoustic way have spoken the most profound.

It's been pressed on my heart to take a day of silence. Tomorrow. I don't have work, school, or any commitment the entire day. I'm not going to busy myself with errands or homework.

-Rather, I am going to allow God to make some noise in my silence.

"...be still and know that I am God." (Psalm 46:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment