Tuesday, August 10, 2010

His Power. My Weakness.

Nothing feels greater than when you know God heard your prayer. Knowing that you brought something before the Lord, He listened, and responded… just blows my mind. Let my mind be blown because it is indeed true!

I’ve accepted the fact that God cares more about my character than any and all situations I find myself in. I used to often beg God to change my circumstances so that I could seemingly breathe at times. God loves me more than that. Rather, He allows me to be stretched to seemingly never-ending thinness and He watches me to see how in turn I will act.

During those unbearable times, the truth that is woven into your core runs deep and gives you strength to be steadfast. Now, I have learned to boldly pray that I be given that strength and steadfastness to endure through the pain instead of asking for Him to take it all away. I’m catching on!

There is more to the situations we feel weak in though... not only are we called to be steadfast and lift our eyes up... but there is a hope and confidence to be had... that I wish came more naturally to the church.

Pastor Steve Carter concluded an awesome sermon by reading a verse written by Paul found in 2 Corinthians 12:9-10. I thought this complimented the many things God was/is in the middle of teaching me.

“ My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in your weakness. Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christs sake, I delight in weakness, in insults, in hardships, in persecution, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”

God has chosen to make His power known by way of our weaknesses.

When you are emotionally weak, that is when God’s power can be put on it’s best display.

When you feel inadequate in something you are pursuing … it opens the door to God’s great and sufficient power.

When you get this, it is easier to find confidence in those things you feel weak in. I go through times in which I just don’t feel adequate enough to pray aloud with people… I’m so focused on bringing remedy thru my words that I forget that it has nothing to do with me, or anything I could ever possibly say. Remembering what I have now learned, I can have an unsurpassed confidence when I pray with people… even if I stumble through my words and have sweaty palms… His power will be evident in my weakness.

His power will be shown and all the greater in our weaknesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment