Sunday, July 18, 2010

His Response.


I've been learning so much these last few weeks. I see how God has divinely placed me at a church that is going through a series about generosity and finances. He is building me up in wisdom before I go back home.

His hands are indeed leaving lasting imprints in my mind.

Through all of these amazing teachings what I am really seeing is that your finances are a big deal to God. The fact that you aren't stingy and rather you being abundantly generous is so important to God. It is a big deal and it does matter; incredibly. Many stories throughout the Bible exemplify this truth.

The story of Cornelius was brought up in church today. Cornelius gave to the poor and needy in abundance and God saw it. His generosity moved the heart of God and the Lord showered Cornelius with great favor. Acts chapter 10.

Bottom line :: when you are generous God responds.

I am in absolute awe looking at the promises God has given us. These are promises that we are encouraged to test and indeed anticipate the mighty hand of our faithful God.

Malachi 3:10
"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it."

It's not just about gaining God's favor and it's not just about receiving His blessings either. God says that He blesses our generosity so that we in turn can continue to be a blessing.

He will make us rich in every way so that we can be overflowing with His richness and His truth to pour out onto others.

2 Corinthians 9:11
" You will made rich in every way so that you can be generous in every occasion and thru us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God. "

It's awesome to think that our Father desires to make us rich in every single way. In all we are. In all we do. In all we desire. In all things. In relationships. In our health. In our clarity for the future. He wants to give us that. . . so we can be that much more His hands and feet in a world of ignorance.


No comments:

Post a Comment