Friday, July 29, 2011

Scream, Cry and Punch.

I've been in a few conversations lately that were surrounded by peoples opinions on church sermons, the worship, the ambience of the sanctuary, the kind of people services throughout the weekend attract, and what pastor preferred over the other. " When I go to that service with that pastor teaching, I sit in the back and can hardly keep my eyes open. It's a bore. " That same person would tell you that they are a follower of Christ. Maybe they are. Or maybe they just mentally agree with what christian theology suggests, and because they do they think they are a follower of Christ. Hmm.

I wanted to scream, cry and punch something all at the same time. I also want a greater capacity to love in the midst of what grieves my heart.

My brothers and my sisters, can we please acknowledge that there are people who walk miles and miles to take part in this privilege to praise our Jesus on a Sunday morning? Please see all the people that are overwhelmed with tears when a Bible is translated into their language. Let us realize that there are people being mutilated, oppressed and tortured for their loyalty to this very same Jesus. Don't you get it? These are followers of Christ.

It's not about what we like or don't like.
It's not about what we prefer.
We aren't doing this for us.
It's not about us.
It's not about us.
It's not about us.